Sunday, August 17, 2014

His Plans are BEST

So sit back and come along with me as I reminisce down memory lane for a bit and be reminded again on how AMAZING and AWESOME our God is and how HIS plans are best.

Back in 2012 we traveled to China to adopt Josie.  We did it a bit “backwards” as we did her paperwork in Guiyang first and had gotcha day and then we traveled to Kunming to visit her foster family, who just “happened” to be our friends. And then we headed down to Guangzhou to do the American side of the adoption.

We had a very special (albeit too short) visit in Kunming but special memories were made.

We met a little girl named Le Le (pronounced Lu Lu) and we fell in love.

P2230384

P2230393P2230399

Le Le  (who I secretly named Maggie!) was just precious.  She was born with dwarfism.  And after we got home I talked to my cyber friend, Yvette, you know….just in case God would call us to adopt a child who “just happened” to have dwarfism.  I needed to know some information. Winking smile

P2230420P2230445

But we knew that Hannah was VERY MUCH wanting to adopt Le Le as her own….but at that point in time it just didn’t seem humanly possible as she didn’t have a husband or a way to adopt her.

P2230483

P2240489

So we said our goodbyes not knowing if I’d ever see “my” Maggie again.

But after we left China in 2011 some love was in the air and Joshua and Hannah started dating. <3

P2240484

They are a perfect match.  So they got married and then were able to start the process of adopting Le Le!!!!!

And just a few months ago Le Le’s adoption became finalized (they call her Ella) and Joshua, Hannah, ,Le Le, Elora traveled to the states to have their 2nd natural baby!!!  Baby Enoch was born on July 16th.

P8090015P8090055

So Le Le was IN  MY HOUSE last night.

Something I NEVER in a MILLION years thought I would ever see.

It was soooo fun.

P8090071P8090046

She is a happy, and still adorable, 3 year old girl now!

And then since Hannah and her family were in the states Daniel and his family came in from Pittsburgh to visit too!

P8090057

Before Hannah and Joshua started dating, Joshua and his friend would come over and help with the ROG kids.

So Josie and Daniel know Joshua VERY well and were very excited to see him again!

It was a very sweet time.

P2240020

Daniel blew us all away with his new communication device.

Daniel’s CP affects his speech.  He can walk but is jerky.  But we never could understand him.  Now Josie and Daniel had a special way of communicating….but  this device has opened up his world!

He is VERY bright….and has much to share.  He just couldn’t before!!!!!

I can’t even think of a word to begin to describe how neat this device was. I got tears and goose bumps when I heard him “talk” with Joshua and Hannah.  He congratulated them on their baby boy.

P8090012

Then he told Josie he is in the 1st grade.  And asked her what grade she is in.

P8090014

P8090016

You have to listen closely as there is a lot of background noise.  But he either types in his words or uses icons to say what he wants to say.

P8090029

These two had a good time just being together again.  Such a special bond that I’m so very thankful they can continue here in the states.

P8090037

We introduced Joshua to what a s’more was.  He thought it was delicious!

P8090059P8090064

I went to bed just humbled that we get to be a part of this very special plan that God orchestrated. It gave me renewed hope and peace knowing that He truly did call us to adopt Josie.

So when the hard days come (or don’t go away) I can rest knowing that He really does have a plan….even if it doesn’t make sense to me or if I worry about what the future holds for Josie, all we need to do is love.

He has all the details worked out.